Event 1: Nurturing Entrepreneurial and Innovation Ecosystems for the SDGs
Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals will not only take breakthrough innovations and smart solutions, it also requires supportive ecosystems for real impact to reach scale.
We are pleased to invite you to participate in a timely discussion on unlocking the power of entrepreneurship and stimulating economic growth and transformation for the SDGs through innovation taken to scale, with the the aim to:
- Highlight the relevance of entrepreneurship and innovation for achieving the SDGs
- Advocate for a systems-approach to entrepreneurship by sharing insights on innovation ecosystems and key success indicators for thriving ecosystems.
- Advocate for joint engagement in Accelerate2030 and nurturing ecosystems with UNDP, ITC, Impact Hub and other actors.
In this event, you will be joined by a range of leaders from business, government, international organizations, and civil society, as well as selected high-impact entrepreneurs supported through the Accelerate2030 program.
Wednesday 26th September 2018 | 4pm – 5:30pm
United Nations Headquarters
Conference Room B
New York, NY 10017
- Geoff Mulgan, CEO, Nesta
- Anne-Mari Virolainen, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development, Finland
- Manuel Sager, General Director, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Arancha González, Executive Director, International Trade Centre
- Nicolaas Klopper, hearX Group, Accelerate2030 International Finalist
- Daniela Galindo, Hablando Con Julis, Accelerate2030 International Finalist
- Raphael Mijeno, Sustainable Alternative Lighting Corp. (SALt), Accelerate2030 International Finalist
- Jon Stever, Co-founder of Impact Hub Kigali and i4policy, catalyst of the Africa Innovation Policy Manifesto
Event 2: Scaling the impact of entrepreneurial solutions for the SDGs
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides a global framework across all sectors to implement smart, innovative, and sustainable solutions for the planet and its inhabitants.
Join us for an inspiring and interactive reception and discussion featuring some of the world’s top innovators and entrepreneurs tackling the Sustainable Development Goals, and learn about the opportunities and challenges for bringing impact to scale.
In particular, we will explore examples of collaboration between ‘Unlikely Allies’ for SDGs, including startup-corporate partnerships, and the need to focus at creating tangible impact through collaborative approaches.
You will have the opportunity to connect with key players from the UN, corporate sector, foundations, NY based entrepreneurs and other change-makers, including meeting the top International Accelerate2030 finalists leading social innovation in the educational, health, clean energy sector:
Thursday September 27th 2018 | 6pm – 8pm
58 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Presentations from the Accelerate2030 International Finalists:
- Nicolaas Klopper, CEO of HearX, South Africa
- Barrett Nash, Co-founder, Safemotos, Rwanda
- Daniela Galando, CEO of Hablando Con Julis, Colombia
- Ezequiel Vedana da Rosa, CEO of Piipee, Brazil
- Olcay Silahlı, CEO of Whole Surplus, Turkey
- Israel Magana, CEO of HM Energy Mexico, Mexico
- Raphael Mijeno, Co-founder of Sustainable Alternative Lighting Corp. (SALt), Philippines
- Zakheni Ngubo, CEO of Syafunda, South Africa