We select our finalists based on their...
Clear Problem Definition and Impact Linked to the SDGs
- The venture’s solution is addressing a clearly defined problem linked to one or more of the SDGs
- The venture has already started making measurable impact on one or more indicators of the SDG Targets
- The venture has the potential to make considerable further impact on one or more of the SDG targets
Innovative Approach and Collaborations
- Demonstrates an innovative approach in addressing the need. The innovative approach could include either an innovative solution and/or an innovative business model.
- Demonstrates collaborative approach to solve the problems. Collaborations with government, private sector, academia, NGOs, and civil society are in place.
Market and Scaleability
- There is clear evidence of market demand for the product or service demonstrated by sales and market share for the last few years in the country of operation.
- The solution and/or the business model can be replicated and scaled to other countries
- The venture has an international growth plan and strategy for 2017-2019
- There is clear evidence of market demand for the product or service demonstrated by interest from partners or customers in other countries.
- There is a clear focus to integrate underserved populations into supply chains, and/or as employees, and/or as customers
- There is demonstrated attempt to strive for equal opportunities (gender, race, religion, etc.) in the team, and other activities of the venture (supply chains, employees, customers
- The venture distributes, or plans to distribute part of its profits for employees, and/or other social purposes.
- The team demonstrates appropriate skills, languages, motivation, commitment and ambition to grow the venture and to scale their solution to other countries
- The team has enough absorption capacity to be able to benefit from the cross-border scaling support
- The venture has a successful track record in financing its operations and growth.
- The venture has a clear financing strategy for the next 2 or 3 years.
- The venture is likely to become cash flow positive from operations in the coming 1-2 years.