We are calling growth-stage ventures with proven solutions that contribute to positive social impact
Key Dates of the 2017 Edition
We selected our finalists based on their...
Clear Problem Definition and Impact Linked to the SDGs
- The venture’s solution is addressing a clearly defined problem linked to one or more of the SDGs
- The venture has already started making measurable impact on one or more indicators of the SDG Targets
- The venture has the potential to make considerable further impact on one or more of the SDG targets
Innovative Approach and Collaborations
- Demonstrates an innovative approach in addressing the need. The innovative approach could include either an innovative solution and/or an innovative business model.
- Demonstrates collaborative approach to solve the problems. Collaborations with government, private sector, academia, NGOs, and civil society are in place.
Market and Scaleability
- There is clear evidence of market demand for the product or service demonstrated by sales and market share for the last few years in the country of operation.
- The solution and/or the business model can be replicated and scaled to other countries
- The venture has an international growth plan and strategy for 2017-2019
- There is clear evidence of market demand for the product or service demonstrated by interest from partners or customers in other countries.
- There is a clear focus to integrate underserved populations into supply chains, and/or as employees, and/or as customers
- There is demonstrated attempt to strive for equal opportunities (gender, race, religion, etc.) in the team, and other activities of the venture (supply chains, employees, customers
- The venture distributes, or plans to distribute part of its profits for employees, and/or other social purposes.
- The team demonstrates appropriate skills, languages, motivation, commitment and ambition to grow the venture and to scale their solution to other countries
- The team has enough absorption capacity to be able to benefit from the cross-border scaling support
- The venture has a successful track record in financing its operations and growth.
- The venture has a clear financing strategy for the next 2 or 3 years.
- The venture is likely to become cash flow positive from operations in the coming 1-2 years.